MERJE are partnered with a fast growing Corporate FX trading firm who are currently searching for a well rounded Legal Counsel.
You will be part of an established Legal function which looks after the legal interests of the company, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, and providing sound legal advice to the Executive team and various departments within the organization. They handle a wide range of legal matters, including transactional documentation, commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, company secretarial functions, data protection.
As a Legal Counsel, you will play a pivotal role in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position requires collaboration with multiple teams, including Sales, Dealing, Risk, Credit, Treasury, Compliance, and Finance, as well as engagement with the firm’s global offices. You will be responsible for both transactional work and providing advisory support to ensure that our operations align with legal requirements and best practices.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing terms and conditions related to FX transactions and payment services, as well as ISDA documentation;
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts to support various business functions;
- Overseeing company secretarial workstreams to ensure compliance and governance;
- Providing general assistance with legal reporting to management;
- Assisting with data protection issues, including compliance with privacy laws and data security;
- Managing the relationship with external advisers and panel law firms;
- Deputizing for the Head of Legal as needed.
- Strong knowledge of financial services, FX transactions and payment services;
- In-depth understanding of OTC derivatives, capital markets, and the ability to negotiate ISDA/CSA agreements with a keen awareness of regulatory implications;
- Familiarity with commercial contracts and a strong commitment to legal compliance;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Competency in drafting legal documents;
- Fluency in French is desirable.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.