c. £40,000 + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial and well-respected Law firm who due to growth and success are looking to recruit a Compliance Assistant to work as part of the firm’s successful Compliance function.
The purpose of the role-
- Opening all new matters within the firm which includes assessing the risk profiles of new and existing clients and third parties.
- Conduct due diligence searches. This includes ascertaining the nature of an entity’s role in a transaction and producing corporate trees to ascertain beneficial ownership and subsidiary holdings.
- Assisting with day to day queries from the partners, resolving issues and liaising with the partners accordingly
- Assisting and work with colleagues to ensure that any risks are reported.
- Identify any conflicts and ensure internal processes are correctly followed.
- Other compliance projects and duties as assigned within the team.
- Previous experience of working in a law firm in a compliance department
- Knowledge of Compliance and an understanding of the EU Money Laundering legislation and other relevant legislation governing conflicts of interest.
- This role is perfect for someone who wants to join a team that is going from strength to strength. It is crucial to the firms continued growth and is a fabulous opportunity for someone with previous experience in a similar role in a law firm. Creativity is encouraged, initiative and the ability to think on your feet a pre-requisite but most importantly it will be the desire to deliver whatever is required to get the job done that will determine success