Legal & Compliance Director required for a leading Fortune 500 company based in Ireland for four days a week.
You will advise on various commercial contracts, including framework agreements, standard business terms, procurement, IT, and employment related agreements.
The Legal and Compliance Director implements, reviews and updates the Irish business on a range of compliance matters, including (but not limited to) data protection, AML, anti-corruption and conflicts of interest.
The Legal and Compliance Director provides advice across the business on a broad range of legal and risk issues impacting the firm and other matters that arise from time to time, with the support of external counsel where required.
Ideally, you will be a proactive person that welcomes challenges, enjoys building relationships with local and international colleagues and wants to progress in your career. We are open to someone with no in-house experience.
· Review, draft, negotiate and advise on local and pan-European business agreements, including NDAs, subcontracts and local country agreements for all service lines
· Work autonomously and efficiently to deliver legal solutions to support Irish business development.
· Work collaboratively with Irish functions
· Create and maintain internal precedent document templates
· Implement and update compliance policies and procedures in line with new regulations
· Manage all PSRA matters
· Develop and deliver live and web-based training programs to Irish business
· Provide and manage pre-litigation strategy and dispute resolution process
· Instruct and manage outside counsel and advisors in relation to specialised or technical legal projects
· Provide ad hoc advice to, and collaborate with, legal, operational, and commercial colleagues across EMEA
· Peer review, supervision and mentoring of junior members of the Irish team
Experience & Skills
· Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 8 years post qualification experience, ideally gained in private practice and in-house
· Have solid commercial contracts experience
· Have experience managing an in-house legal function or team
· Have excellent communication and organisational skills
· Be able to handle a high volume of legal work efficiently and effectively
· Need to provide clear advice to all teams across the Irish business
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, I may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities in the future.