up to £45,000
3 months ago
MERJE are partnered with an exciting London based FinTech that are looking to grow their underwriting function.
Your new role:
- Evaluating mortgage applications and making decisions within a set mandate;
- Input into the ongoing design and build of our best in call origination and underwriting platform;
- Monitoring for and identifying fraudulent applications
- Constantly searching for areas for improvement and growth, through process, policy or technological change; and working with the rest of the business, including product, tech., analytics and marketing teams.
- Support the collection of MI around efficiency and conversion
Our Ideal candidate:
Has significant Residential and Buy to Let mortgage underwriting experience (in the UK)
Ability to make quality lending judgments;
- Resilient, confident and committed with the ability to engage and form strong relationships with key stakeholders;
- Expertise in the end-to-end mortgage process, from application through to servicing and collections
- Up to date knowledge of the UK regulatory mortgage framework;
- Has held a credit mandate previously;
- Can do attitude;
- Ability to deliver technical concepts to a non-expert audience; and
- Previously managed a team (Beneficial, but not essential)
Rewards Package and Benefits
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, and is highly competitive.
- Competitive salary up to £45,000 depending upon experience
- Professional development – budget plus 5 days to spend on whatever you think best
- Workplace pension
- Season ticket loans
- Holiday – 25 days a year + an extra day for your birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.