up to £500.00
3 months ago
Lead Analysts support the management of Retail Credit Risk by proactively identifying credit risk issues and leading analytical projects to address these through a combination of advanced data mining, advanced statistical analytics and credit risk model development.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Modelling Analyst:
- Proactively identify the need for new Retail Credit Risk Management Information, and undertake complex analysis to direct and produce new reports, for review by the Senior Leadership Team and decision making committees
- Act as an ambassador for best practice statistical, analytical and modelling techniques and demonstrate these to lead and direct complex analysis of the Retail Credit Risk portfolios, to enable strategic decision making by management
- Be viewed as an expert in the Retail Credit Risk databases, proactively identifying the need for new data processes and initiating work to develop and implement these
- Have an expert understanding of the credit risk lifecycle for residential and buy-to-let mortgages and current accounts, leverage that understanding to add value to all analysis, and proactively identify ways to share knowledge with more junior colleagues to improve the quality of analytics across Retail Credit Risk
- Be an expert in what it means to be an Advanced IRB institution for capital management, ensuring that all analytical projects undertaken are aligned to the aspiration to be Advanced IRB, and support the IRB “Use Test”
- Communicate results of analysis to senior management to an extremely high standard, both written and verbally. Produce papers and reports for Board and other Senior Committees, conveying the results of complex analysis in straightforward language.
- Develop a network of key stakeholders across the business to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross functional working, and to be viewed as a subject matter expert for Retail Credit Risk. Proactively identify ways in which Retail Credit Risk outputs and techniques can help other areas of the Group.
- Proactively identify issues and formulate analytical projects to address these. Manage the project “end to end” from scoping and defining requirements through to the presentation of results, including “task management” of a number of colleagues
- Coach, mentor and develop Retail Credit Risk Analysts and Senior Analysts
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Lead Modelling Analyst:
- Educated to at least degree level (minimum 2:1) with an emphasis on mathematical / analytical techniques. Masters and/or PHD preferred
- Substantial experience of working in Retail Credit Risk within a financial services organisation, including expert knowledge of at least one of:
- Credit risk model development
- Portfolio analytics
- Advanced IRB
- Expert skills in data manipulation, SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel. SAS Certification desirable
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to act autonomously, pro-actively identifying credit risk issues, and independently leading programmes of complex analytical work in order to determine solutions
- Excellent communication skills with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- Proven ability to coach and develop junior colleagues - Proven ability to take a lead role in analytical projects