MERJE are looking for a Lead Credit Risk Analyst like you to spearhead our Clients strategy in an ever-evolving mortgage market.
The role will be within a highly skilled Credit Risk team in one of the most reputable financial services organisations in the UK.
- Demonstrate awareness of the credit risk portfolio and analyse the key drivers of the credit risks to support strategy delivery.
- Utilise mortgage market, credit portfolio management and commercial awareness and experience to support optimisation of lending plan within agreed credit risk appetite thresholds.
- Utilise effective reporting, highlighting emerging trends and providing recommendations to senior management to mitigate risks and optimise opportunities.
- Engage with the business in order to understand the impacts of business processes and to explain complex applications and principles to people who may not be familiar with credit risk techniques.
- Provide support for new product launches and lending policy / criteria changes, representing Credit Risk, where needed.
- Maintain close awareness of change and usage of credit models such as scorecards, IRB and IFRS9 models, to enable appropriate analytical impact assessments.
- Maintain close awareness of change to financial and operational models such as the Mortgage Pricing Model, to enable appropriate analytical impact assessments.
- Analyse the credit decisioning strategies, their performance and impacts and identify enhancements through the use of SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel functionality.
- Assist in the development of new credit decision / product strategies.
- In depth experience within Mortgages.
- Understanding of IFRS9 and IRB models and their uses.
- Experience in producing in depth and complex reporting with SAS.
- Highly skilled within Stakeholder Management.