£50,000-£55,000 + package
8 months ago
Our client is an award winning banking and financial services business going through a period of rapid growth and change. Group Internal Audit plays a key role in ensuring that the governance and internal control environment keeps pace and as a result they require a Senior Auditor to work with the Audit Managers and Heads of Audit to deliver its core objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working alongside lead auditors on individual audit engagements from planning to reporting.
- Specifically identifying key risks facing the business and performing sufficient and appropriate test-work on governance, risk management and internal controls and identify reportable issues.
- Support lead auditors on individual audit engagements ensuring work is carried out in line with GIA methodology.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures, conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify reportable issues.
- Support lead auditors to ensure GIA reports are impactful, balanced and address the root cause of issues.
- Ensure recommendations are clear and concise address the ongoing sustainability of the control environment.
- You will develop and maintain credibility by developing working relationships with key business stakeholders from team leader to manager level.
The scope of GIA is unrestricted so this role would provide experience in all areas of the Bank including lending business divisions, funding and treasury divisions, central risk management, compliance and finance processes.
The ideal candidate will be newly qualified or part qualified (e.g. financial or IIA qualification) with knowledge from working in the banking or financial services sector. Looking for a proactive candidate with a can-do attitude and a keen willingness to learn.