My client is looking for a Business Product Owner to:
• Align with management to define and document the business vision and goals for the development of the Quote & Buy capabilities
• Works with Commercial teams and stakeholders to define and prioritize the product backlog
• Collaborate with IT Product Owners and Commercial “Centers of Excellence” to plan development, ensuring IT teams understand and support interdependencies, and escalate issues when necessary
• Serves as the “customer” proxy by understanding key customer objectives and strategy of the product
• Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, receive customer feedback, and to communicate priorities.
• Creates user stories and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the business systems analyst, ensuring stories’ clearly communicate customer/stakeholder needs to the IT development team
• Where appropriate, develops and presents business cases, ensuring the business value and priorities are aligned with customer needs and product and company strategy.
• Follows up on the return on investment against the original business case throughout the process and looks to improve previous deployments with a view to constant improvements in the digital user journey
• Participates in squad & scrum ceremonies; representing Commercial needs. Effectively contributes to the iteration planning, intake and backlog refinement, iteration review & retrospective.
• Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of release/sprint/business readiness goals
• Maximize business value and customer satisfaction through continued analysis of product and customer performance metrics
• Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the product.
Skills & Experience:
• Experience in ownership & management of digital user experience within insurance or financial services
• Background in development of digital sales capabilities or expertise in sales tooling
• In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles
• Understanding of business value around feature/functions
• Ability to navigate a large corporate, matrix environment
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• A pragmatic approach and ability to effectively manage conflicting stakeholder needs, saying ‘no’ as and when appropriate
• Experience owning and driving a product backlog
• Hands-on and results driven mind set
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.