c.£45,000 + Excellent Benefits
6 months ago
Location: North West
Our client is a well-respected Financial Services organisation who are currently looking to recruit an IT Security Specialist. The role supports the Head of IT Security in ensuring that the businesses IT services are delivered in a manner which supports the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data, whilst complying with good practice principles, regulatory requirements and the shareholders’ requirements
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform proactive monitoring of IT services.
- Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading security standards across the whole IT estate.
- Perform security assessments including vulnerability scans and application testing
- Liaise with business functions and stakeholders with an emphasis on clear communication both internally and externally.
- Support the ongoing Security Awareness Programme.
- Act as a central contact point for IT Security audit related activity
- Provide second / third level support on IT Security incidents
- Provide guidance and support to development cells ensuring that new and existing services are developed in line with a secure code mentality and best practise.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of emerging threats and vulnerabilities recommending enhancements/improvements/innovation where necessary.
- Ensure that annual security assessment is completed.
- Strong IT Security knowledge
- Understanding of IT risks, controls and mitigation techniques
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of network/directory technologies.
- Stakeholder management.