up to £60,000 plus benefits
about 2 months ago
My Client a leading Financial Services organisation offering excellent opportunity for career progression require an IT Audit Manager following an Internal move.
As IT Internal Audit Manager, you will join the Internal Audit Team playing a key role in defining and delivering effective audits in the areas of IT, Data and Information Security. You will work extensively with stakeholders across the IT department, to help shape the delivery of audits and develop good working relationships with IT colleagues
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivering IT, Data and Information Security audits, on time and within budget, which provide adequate assurance over the key risks within the scope of the audit.
- Working with the Resource Manager to secure the required resources for the audit assignment and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of audit team colleagues.
- Delivering robust and succinct IT, Data and Information Security audit reports. Providing your professional judgement on the adequacy of the control environment, the root causes and themes of issues and the risk culture.
- Understanding the activities and findings of other assurance providers (such as external audit and the Society's Risk Division) to consider the impact of their findings on audit assignments.
- Influencing colleagues across the organisation to embed robust, cost-effective controls to strengthen the overall control framework in response to weaknesses identified by Internal Audit.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders effectively, aiding the performance of audits.
- Providing timely and robust IT, Data and Information Security subject matter expertise to audit teams as required and as an input to the periodic audit planning process.
- Facilitating IT, Data and Information Security training to develop colleagues' knowledge in areas of own specialism
- Identifying opportunities to improve the operation of Internal Audit to assist in creating a high performing function.
- Deputising for Internal Audit Senior Managers as required.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Experience of carrying out audits in IT in the commercial sector, either in an external or internal audit capacity. Although financial services experience is preferred, this is not essential.
- Hold a relevant IT audit professional qualification.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture/Information Technology/Risk/Security/Change Management frameworks, standards and methodologies would also be an advantage.
- Ability to make professional judgements on the adequacy and effectiveness of control frameworks, demonstrating commercial awareness and sound business judgement.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to challenge effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong report writing skills.
- Experience of leading audit teams in reviews from planning to report issuance.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.