Wealth Management / Investment Firm are looking to hire an experienced Product Oversight Manager to jon their Investment Risk team located in the North West of England. The role holder will manage and develop a team as well as develop a range of supportive analysis, training collateral and engagement with front office teams to champion and encourage best practice standards over investment risk related issues.
The firm’s offices are located in Merseyside, with flexible working available and a split week working from the office and from home. Benefits include an excellent employer contributory pension, private medical, annual bonus and a generous holiday allowance.
• 1LOD ‘go-to’ for independent technical portfolio review and analysis
• Provide assurance over the firm wide management to mandate (portfolio suitability)
• Technical expertise in relation to portfolio construction, asset allocation, investment products, investment strategy and related risk implications to both front office colleagues and those in 2LOD
• Further develop an overall 1LOD monitoring programme to ensure risk management issues identified within the risk dashboard are picked up and best practice principles reinforced - needs to cover risk reviews at individual investment manager, investment team and branch/cloud levels
• Provide technical portfolio knowledge to help firm develop its policy and controls in relation to; detriment, client complaints, ESG, risky holdings and the investment process.
• Level 6 or 7 qualified with experience of running a controls team in a Financial Services/Investment Management environment
• Deep understanding of recent industry regulations (including suitability/MIFID2 product governance)
• Highly developed influencing/collaboration skills to work within a supportive network of contacts across T&C/ Compliance/ FOLD/QC/Change
• Experienced leader with a “consulting” style who is able to pick out key risk issues and gain buy in for remediation priorities