£55,000 – £65,000
2 months ago
A leading global asset manager is looking for an Investment Risk Analyst to join their growing team in the UK.
This is a diverse role which will expose you to multiple business lines and products as you support the build-out of the organisation’s Risk Framework, which was recently redesigned to support their continuous growth and ambitious future plans.
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Investment Risk and on any given day, you might:
· Support the Portfolio Risk Reporting processes
· Use Risk systems to produce various Risk metrics and inform the front office on the level of risk in the portfolio
· Collaborate with the client service group on new products
· Ensure that risks are being effectively managed and that the business is compliant with relevant regulation
· Perform VaR Back-testing, analysis with subsequent data cleaning and model enhancement where necessary
· Provide support and assistance to the regional and global Heads of Investment Risk
· Suggest improvements to overall enhance the risk reporting analytics
· Attend governance committees with the CRO and act as the Risk Control Committee secretariat
This might be the role for you if you have:
· A degree in Financial Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Physics or a similar discipline. Bonus if you are PhD level educated but not required
· Experience within a market/investment risk role, preferably within an asset management or sell-side company
· A FRM, CFA, PRM or similar qualification or you are willing to study to obtain one
· Strong ‘’end user’’ computer programming skills such as Excel VBA macros, Access, SQL etc.
· A good understanding of the financial markets and products, in particular derivatives (ideally interest rate derivatives)
· Previous experience of applying concepts to real instruments/portfolios
· Knowledge of the UCITS and/or AIFMD concepts would be helpful but not a necessity
· Strong stakeholder management and communication skills who is confident negotiating complex risk concepts and data to multi-disciplinary audiences across all levels of seniority
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.