£60,000 - £100,000 depending upon experience
3 months ago
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who excels at both analytical and leadership capabilities, to join the International Data Science & Pricing team where you will be joining our client at their head office in Cardiff. Working directly with senior leadership and country pricing directors, this is an exciting and unique role within an established and highly successful Insurance business.
Pricing and data science is the backbone of their success, and this role is designed to give you a chance to develop your analytical and managerial skills while building an understanding of their business across the globe. It is a unique training program for future senior leadership roles.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work in a position of strategic and operational importance. It also gives you exposure to senior management across the group and allows you to make an impact early in your career.
This is a high-profile position, suitable for someone with a long-term focus on building a career at a senior level. Past examples of this include the CEO of their US Insurance Operation, and the Head of their new Travel Insurance venture in the UK, both of whom joined as International Pricing Managers.
You need not have worked within Insurance before and we would welcome applicants with the following skill set / experience:
- MBA from a top tier business school or equivalent
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- An interest in data science and machine learning. Some experience in using Python / R would be considered an advantage
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
- Experienced people manager (either directly or in virtual teams)
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across functions and geographies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fluent English, and either French, Spanish or Italian. Strong preference for candidates with a right to work in the EU and UK
- Personality and a sense of humour!
What will you be responsible for?
- Identifying new opportunities and leading strategic pricing and analytics projects in the UK and overseas
- Analysing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management
- Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies
- Traveling to international operations for short / long stays to work on projects and assist in-country pricing teams
- Managing and collaborating with a team of international analysts and data scientists
All about the team:
Pricing has always been a key strength of our client’s business - their consistent loss ratio advantage over their competitors’ is evidence of that. The International Pricing Department acts as a taskforce to advise and assist Pricing and Analytics departments across the group, whether by leading cross-country projects or deep-diving into country-specific challenges. Their fast-growing Analytics function focuses on learning, developing and integrating new machine learning and data science techniques, to augment existing Pricing expertise. They are involved in launching new products, implementing new technologies, and researching new data sources. They work with traditional pricing methods as well as in cutting-edge fields like big data and analytics. As the insurance market is rapidly evolving, their team always keep looking for innovative ways to improve their pricing practices.
Does this sound like an opportunity you would like to learn more about them please get in touch!
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.