Cheshire West and Chester
£60,000 - £70,000
10 months ago
My client, a niche Financial services business and one of the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for, are going through rapid expansion and require an Internal Audit Manager to assist in the delivery of the Group Internal Audit Plan, assisting the Head of Internal Audit in managing and developing a team of audit professionals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of the Internal Audit Team.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in the Quality Assurance reviews of audit assignment files and provide feedback to IA team members
- Ensure IA team resource is used effectively and efficiently to provide assurance to key stakeholders on the key risks facing the Group.
- Set challenging but fair deadlines for the completion of IA reviews in all areas of the business, and then manage execution on time and within budget.
- To ensure the results of audit work performed and recommendations for improvement are provided to Senior Management.
- To ensure conclusions are reached in an objective, fair and consistent manner and are appropriate to the business and the environment in which it operates.
- To assist the Head of IA in the preparation of dashboards and periodic updates to Senior Management
- Ensure that IA activity is aligned to business performance and the ever-changing risk environment
- Act as an escalation point for audit and risk issues.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous people management experience, with proven ability to develop others and lead / manage a team.
- Substantial experience within Financial Services, in particular significant knowledge and experience of Governance, Risk, Internal Control systems and their application.
- Excellent understanding of the Financial Services industry and the Regulatory and Legislative environment.
- Significant experience in IA, including Risk based methodologies, Codes of Conduct and industry best practice.
- Education to degree level or equivalent, and recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CMIIA, ACA, ACCA)