£50,000 - £62,000 k
4 months ago
International Consumer Lending Business seeking an enthusiastic Internal Audit Manager to provide independent advice on the organisation’s risks and controls to the Board. The role reports into the Head of Internal Audit and offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to proactively advise the business ensuring compliance and best practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading audits from planning to completion ensuring the analysis and assessment of the risks for each business area.
- Undertaking special audits, fraud investigations and special projects
- Assessing and reporting audit findings whilst collaborating with Senior Management and Heads of department to implement action plans to drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Monitoring audit actions ensuring accountability for delivery within the management teams and ensuring that risks are mitigated through the effective and timely closure of actions.
- Providing subject matter expertise around key focus areas including Consumer Credit and FCA regulations
- Engaging the business to proactively advise on risk management and controls for new projects, programs, initiatives and process improvements
- Performing quality assurance on audit working papers to ensure consistency across the team in line with methodology
- Building and maintaining effective relationships across the business at all levels to promote good governance, risk management and controls.
To be successful within this position you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in/managing an internal audit team in a regulated environment
- CMIIA (Chartered Internal Auditor), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or equivalent certification would be desirable.
- Broad knowledge of relevant compliance and legal laws and guidelines applicable to regulated activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills to identify issues and apply judgement in selecting appropriate audit methodologies, understanding and taking into account the implications on the audit quality.
- Excellent ability to produce accurate, concise and compliant Internal Audit Reports