c. £500 per day
3 months ago
My client, a large Pan European FTSE listed organisation, is looking for an Interim Group Tax Manager, reporting to the Group Financial Controller to handle the direct management of the Group’s Tax affairs, ensure compliance with Tax legislation and develop / implement planning opportunities to maximise the group’s Tax position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the management of the Group Tax functions and establish a clear Tax policy aligned to the Group’s overall vision and monitor and review the tax policies and ensure procedures/ controls are kept up to date.
- Overseeing the Group’s tax reporting process, consolidating and reviewing subsidiary submissions and organising deliverables to the Group audit committee and external auditors – for full year and interims.
- Managing the tax profile of the Group and manage relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors, and working with Regional FD's to ensure compliance with local tax regimes.
- Managing the preparation and submission of UK Tax returns for all companies (direct and indirect taxes), reviewing year-end tax provisions and tax disclosures for the statutory accounts for all UK companies, and co-ordinating implementation for any tax planning or restructuring activities.
- Providing tax advice to Board and all functions across the group to support business decisions and ensure that tax plays an appropriate role in the decision-making process and that the corporate structure meets the commercial needs of the business.
- Co-ordinating the implementation for any tax planning or restructuring
- Developing internal controls in respect of direct and indirect tax compliance and take ownership of the Senior Accounting Officer review process.
- You will be a qualified professional who can demonstrate a track record of success in their careers to date with a recognised accounting/tax qualification (ACA / CTA).
- You will have worked in a direct corporate tax environment with exposure to other taxes (personal & indirect), and will be expected to provide commercial insight into the various business issues across the Group and create opportunities to maximise value.
- You will possess a positive outlook with a 'can do' attitude, with the ability to set your own agenda and work priorities.
- You will be confident and able to offer opinions and be prepared to be challenged on them.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.