c£600 - £700 per day
6 months ago
My client a Leading International Insurance organisation require an Interim Financial Controller to support them on the IFRS17 implementation programme.
Working alongside the Programme Manager you will take a lead on the technical reporting aspects of the project
Key responsibilities include
- Complete the detailed design of the target operating model focusing on the finance resource requirements to produce quarterly group consolidated financials, the finance processes based on the technology capabilities and configuration, and the working day timetable for finance and the wider organisation.
- To complete the process and control documentation and ensure the process and control design is complete to enable effective completion of the quarterly reporting outputs: Q1 and Q3 IMS reports, Q2 interim financial statements and the Q4 annual financial statements including all primary statements, notes and KPIs.
- Work with the Finance systems team to design and deliver the required chart of accounts both for the IFRS 17 financial statements and to ensure consistency/reconciliation to the entity level financial statements under local GAAP.
- Support the design and delivery of appropriate level of IFRS 17 training to relevant finance staff and key stakeholders such as executive management and board members.
- Support the design of the testing activities to cover full end to end testing of the system and data architecture in line with the defined process and control documentation and the parallel run in advance of the IFRS 17 effective date.
- Support other aspects of the IFRS 17 programme as agreed with the Programme Sponsor, the Work Stream Owner or the Programme Manager.
Being a qualified Accountant you will be technically strong with demonstrable experience working on similar reporting projects. In depth knowledge of the Insurance sector is also a pre- requisite. Due to the urgency candidates will be required to start immediately.
Initially the role will be for 9 Months however further work is likely.
Home based with occasional travel to the office in Birmingham or London once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.