£65,000 + benefits
over 1 year ago
Our client is a leading and well known Financial Services business currently recruiting for Information Security Manager to join the firms IS team. Reporting into the Head of Information Security you will join the Security Team to provide security expertise and guidance to the Security Investment Programme which includes a number of projects as part of the business’s cyber strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the subject matter expert for all security matters relating to projects in scope of the programme reporting on a day to day basis to the responsible security project manager
- Take responsibility and ownership for implementing solutions that meet the needs of the security programme, ensuring industry good practice is followed
- Provide options and recommendations for ways to achieve the aims of the programme – and once agreed see the recommendations through to delivery
- Take a pragmatic, risk based approach to delivering initiatives within the programme. Balancing risk reduction, with quick wins and business need.
- Provide guidance regarding technical security best practice to project and internal teams
- Develop, agree and socialise policies, procedures and standards for projects within the Security Investment Programme
- Review, challenge and contribute to technical designs to ensure that security is designed into new solutions as part of the programme
- Understand, assess and effectively communicate security risks associated with proposed solutions
- Escalate concerns, risks and issues to the programme project management and accountable executive
- Contribute to further iterations of the security programme and prioritisation of initiatives
- Contribute to security policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that security best practice is applied across the company
- Contribute to security assurance processes
- Extensive background in the practical application of information security
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts and practices
- Experience of running the security elements of procurement activities to ensure the right solutions are procured to meet the objectives of the programme.
- Computer Science, IT, Information Security or Cyber related degree – Desirable
- Industry recognized cloud security qualifications, such as: CCSP – Desirable
- Industry recognized security qualifications such as: CISSP, SSCP, CISM - Desirable