£40,000-£45,000 + Excellent benefits
9 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business that specialises in pensions. A new Risk & Compliance function is being created and an excellent opportunity has arisen to join the business in the role of an Information Governance Officer. You will support the Head of Risk & Compliance on all aspects of Data Protection ensuring compliance with current legislation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Data Protection Lead to develop the information governance arrangements to support compliance with current legislation
- Maintain Data Protection procedures and activities in accordance with legislation, advising on compliance with GDPR
- Oversee that all relevant related policies are reviewed and approved on at least an annual basis
- Produce management information to a high standard by the required timeframe for submission to the relevant Committee
- Oversee the processing of data subject access requests in line with the Data Protection Act
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is carried out to a high standard and completed in a timely manner
- Investigate any potential and actual data breaches and subsequent reporting to the Information Commissioners Office
- Keep own knowledge up to date on legal and regulatory changes and support any relevant training initiatives
- Working with the Legal and Regulatory Change group to ensure that all regulatory and statutory requirements are implemented in Member Services
- Provide pro-active challenge and opinion to proposed projects and business activities
- As part of the Risk and Compliance team, act as a central point of reference, deal with complex cases and provide advice on regulatory compliance matter
- Provide support to induction and other training including supporting new or updated corporate/internal policies
- Proven ability of understanding compliance and specifically Data Protection requirements.
- Experience within an FCA regulated environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to produce output to high standard within a specific timeframe
- Ability to use own initiative and consider the wider implications
- Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills, administration skills and organisation/planning skills
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.