£45k + car allowance
about 2 years ago
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- To provide the highest quality financial planning/advice service for new and existing members in a competent and compliant manner in accordance with guidelines issued by the Regulator and the Society.
- To work in a way that strengthens our member’s relationship with the Society by providing appropriate financial solutions to meet their defined objectives from the ‘Whole of Market’.
- To achieve personal income production at levels consistent with those required to enable the wider advice business to meet its operational targets
- To maximise the opportunities for financial advice provided by the Society’s program of pre-retirement courses, internal leads from PM CRC, NARPO advice requests and self-generated lead sources
- To identify, generate and develop relationships and opportunities with existing and potential clients through networking and referrals
- To gather sufficient information to identify the needs of clients, to undertake the relevant research and analysis such that appropriate recommendations can be made.
- To complete ‘pre sale’ suitability reports and all supporting documentation in a clear, accurate and timely manner to the standards expected by the business.
- To agree, and establish, the solutions as recommended.
- To monitor the investments of clients where we have made a commitment to do so.
- To conduct client reviews, on a commercial basis, at a frequency agreed with the client.
- To assist in the production of Management Information as required.
- To ensure compliance with all requirements of the Society’s regulator and to champion TCF principles in all member interactions
- To ensure that all market, technical and regulatory knowledge is kept up to date.
- To achieve performance levels, across a broad range of KPI’s, in line with those agreed with the IFA Team Manager – Advice
CF30 – Retail Investment Advise
Control Function 30 (CF30) is the customer dealing function that regulates how advisory services are provided by financial firms to their customers. An approved person is someone that has been approved by the FCA to conduct regulated activities on behalf of their authorised and regulated firm. This post carries the responsibility for acting as an Approved Person and carrying out controlled function 30 for the Society. The post holder must:
- Act with due skill, diligence and integrity in carrying out their control function
- Comply with the relevant requirements and standards of the Regulator and Police Mutual policy.
- Participate willingly and honestly with the Society’s policies on assessing and continually evaluating fitness and propriety
- Make an ongoing commitment to training and competence in the role
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Level 4 Diploma and an active Statement of Professional standing (SPS) certificate
- Chartered status, or a desire to work towards this
- A clear ability to Question and Understand client needs
- An aptitude for structuring financial plans to achieve client objectives
- A concern for quality & accuracy
- Commercial thinking
- Communicating & Influencing
- Information gathering & analysis
- Time management & planning
- Delivering the Mutuality
- Living the Mutuality
- Working within a regulated environment
- Team working
- The ability to network and identify business opportunities
- IT literacy
Required to have an in depth knowledge of the financial advice marketplace;
- The customer journey
- The FSA regulatory framework
- The FSA T&C regime
- The UK investment market
- The principles of Treating Customers Fairly
- To understand TCF principles and how the role can support, reinforce and influence them
- Detailed knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the role
- The requirements of current Money Laundering Regulations
- Tax rules relative to FSA regulated investment products
- Data Protection
- Servicing clients through a Wrap or Platform
- This role requires regular travel and a flexible approach to working hours.
- Integrity and a highly ethical approach
- A concern for quality & accuracy
- Commercial thinking and results orientation
- Drive & Energy
- Tenacity & resilience