£20,000 - £30,000
about 2 months ago
We have a vacancy for an Asylum Lawyer/Caseworker (OISC level 1 or 2, IAAS Level 2 with advocacy experience) and are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated applicants for this exciting position.
Our client employs a team of immigration specialists who boasts a consistent track record of successfully assisting corporate clients.
As an Asylum and Immigration Caseworker working for a reputable firm, you will work alongside a team of immigration specialists, handling different caseloads up to IAAS or OISC competence.
The role holder will undertake casework and manage a specific caseload up to level of competence/accreditation in relation to Asylum and Detention matters.
This may include asylum cases, immigration applications, appeals and judicial reviews. This is a challenging role suited to an ambitious Caseworker with excellent client care and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
- Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
- Meet specified casework and other targets as set by Supervisor.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using a computer for reference purposes.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework to meet company requirements, maintain statistics and update the Database, client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management
- You should also have a commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Fully Accredited to Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme Level 2 and registered at OISC level 3.
- Or Fully accredited to OISC level 1 or 2
- 12-month minimum experience of working in the immigration sector to OISC or IAAS standards.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A confident and determined approach.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
- Candidates with IAAS accreditation will be considered.
- LLB or Law related degree/diploma.
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Education reimbursement
- Company events & social hours
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Life insurance
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.