Up to £70,000
6 months ago
Merje are partnered with a fast growing FinTech based in the heart of London, and it’s an exciting time to join their team! They can offer a supportive, driven culture and a great team with a good mix of talent and experience. A dynamic environment in which you can personally learn and develop and the opportunity to have strong involvement in shaping a young FinTech from its early days. If that wasn’t enough they also have a super cool office in the heart of London with team drinks, lunches and free snacks!
If you are a passionate professional who has what it takes to flourish in a fast paced, evolving environment then we would love to hear from you.
Your new role:
An exciting, growing FinTech business specialising in the UK mortgages market is looking for a Head of Underwriting to oversee all underwriting activity for the business, supporting the current growth and future development plans.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern, fast-paced organisation. You will recruit, build and develop a team and use your extensive mortgages expertise to facilitate business growth and success.
The company is looking for a candidate with a strong background in underwriting and an excellent understanding of mortgages and the UK market. You will be ambitious and driven, as the right person will could progress very quickly within the business to a more senior level.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure efficient, world-class operation of the credit underwriting team
• Oversee the analysis and verification of income sources, bank statements and credit commitments
• Work with an ambitious Growth team to ensure that cases are underwritten based on full information
• Develop the structure, negotiation and analysis of proposals for approval
• Oversee the processing of complex, non-standard cases
• Refine underwriting practises making tangible amendments and adaptations where necessary
• Outline best practices for underwriting
• Work with the Product team to improve and automate underwriting processes
• Create new features to be added to the loan underwriting models
• Produce analysis and associated reports on credit analysis topics such as portfolio analytics, customer segmentation and pricing.
• Build dashboards and KPI’s to set a departmental standard
• Support scorecard development and associated analytics
• Support risk modelling and associated analytics
• Work with CRO / CEO / CFO to support the development of the Risk appetite
• Work with and build relationships with the credit bureau to support analysis
• Act as an advocate for the Credit & Risk function as the business grows.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Mortgage/business underwriting experience (3+ years)
• Experienced in communicating with brokers and/or consumers
• (Ideally) CeMAP certified
• Experience of coaching and developing a team
• Start-up experience or capability to work in fast-paced environment
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.