10 days ago
Long standing and well known firm within the Investment / Wealth Management sector are looking to appoint a Head of Training & Competence. The role holder will be responsible for the development[DA1] and management of the Certification Regime and Training and Competence scheme, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage, enhance and regularly review the Training and Competence Scheme, policies and procedures within the Group with input from all relevant stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the T&C policies and procedures within the Group.
- Lead the effective management of the T&C programme; in particular, ensuring new recruits and supervisors are aware of the responsibilities and requirements.
- Develop plans for assessing competence and training for T&C staff
- Train, support and review regulatory supervisors to ensure appropriate records are maintained (including QA review of records on the T&C system)
- Review and update all existing T&C materials on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect any changes in regulation and are maintaining industry best practice.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of 3 – as well as taking on potential growth/hiring
- Contribute to 1st Line of defence, Chief of Staff, HR and L&D projects and undertake any other ad hoc activities as required.