The Head of Sales is responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales operation, providing support, technical knowledge, process control and driving overall sales performance. The Head of Sales ultimately ensures delivery of monthly budgeted sales volume whilst ensuring high levels of quality and compliance through a number of Team Managers and c60 staff.
The Head of Sales must ensure that all staff understand the team’s targets/objectives and work together to achieve them. In addition, they must have the insurance operational experience and enthusiasm to drive a successful team to achieve business targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Set individual and team goals and objectives to ensure the team meets the expectations of clients, business partners and the business.
• Supervise, train and mentor Team Managers to ensure everyone achieves individual and business targets.
• Mediate any interpersonal issues whilst inspiring and motivating staff through providing effective feedback to create individual learning plans.
• Constantly review processes and systems and make recommendations for improvement as part of the ongoing aim of achieving operational excellence.
• Maximise the take up of optional extras through inbound and outbound channels to achieve & exceed revenue targets, whilst adhering to TCF and FCA regulations.
• Monitor and review the performance of multiple teams and departments through observation, analysis of management information.
• Provide ad-hoc coaching, amending and revising workload as necessary, and utilising support functions where necessary.
• To communicate with the relevant department managers/agents to highlight issues that may have a detrimental effect on the quality of service provided or affect the businesses reputation.
• To ensure workloads and tasks are managed across multiple platforms.
• Output to the Sales Director on a regular basis reporting on agent productivity and sales performance.
• To have an excellent understanding of the departmental targets, MI and channel performance.
• To ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to including the protection of client data.
• To be knowledgeable about each process within the department and team members job role.
• Insurance industry experience particularly within the commercial or personal lines sector is essential.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Enthusiastic with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Excellent sales & customer services skills.
Skills and Experience
• Multiple years served at a Senior Management level within the insurance industry essential
• Clear and professional communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Experience of developing staff and management in a variety of situations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, sales focused and ever-changing environment.
• Good level of I.T skills and familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.