£90,000 - £100,000
10 months ago
Job Description: This role will supervise and lead the Operations and MI team, assisting the Chief Risk Officer in providing assurance to the Board and relevant Committees in respect of the systems and controls in place within the Group to mitigate risk and meet regulatory requirements. This role will be responsible for the leading the data and digital strategy for Group Risk and Compliance, maintaining the KRI/KPIs and relevant reporting platforms used by the department. In addition, the Head of Operations and MI will be responsible for the SMCR regime within Group Risk and Compliance, as well as the management of Regulatory relationships and reporting. This role will be a key member of the senior leadership team within Group Risk and Compliance, supporting the Chief Risk Officer with development and implementation of the overall strategic direction for the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a senior member of the Group Risk and Compliance leadership team, support the Chief Risk Officer in shaping the strategic direction of the team and enhancing the Group Risk and Compliance Framework.
- Lead the data and digitisation strategy for Group Risk and Compliance.
- Lead and manage the team, driving expertise and engagement.
- Lead the managing of an open and productive relationship at our key regulator, the FCA, including management of information requests and meetings with regulator.
- Oversee the production of the business papers for the plc Risk Committees and ERCC to ensuring that the papers are complete and of a high-quality standard.
- To develop and maintain, in collaboration with colleagues, a suite of key performance / risk indicators, which are implemented group-wise, which enable the monitoring of Business Unit Risk and Compliance arrangements.
- Lead and oversee the production of Group Risk and Compliance Management reports including those for the Plc Risk Committee, Board and Risk Committees and the Executive Risk and Compliance Committees.
- Oversee and Manage the SMCR process within Group Risk and Compliance, in conjunction with the People team and the Conduct and Culture Manager.
- Management of Regulatory Reporting (FCA and other regulators as required).
- Management of the Risk Portal, and Risk and Compliance Hub pages, in conjunction with SME’s as required.
- Provide oversight of project management activities within Group Risk and Compliance including project planning, resource allocation, implementation and reporting.
- To act as Secretary to the Executive Risk & Compliance Committee
- Demonstrable experience working directly with and for Executives / Senior Leadership
- Proven track record of producing CEO and board ready materials and present well at this level
- Demonstrable experience driving change at a leadership level in a sale, service and product development and management environment.
- Experience in managing regulatory relationships
- Experience of managing SMCR processes.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately to inform decisions around key functions, such as risk and compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the FCA regulations, OFCOM regulations, DPA and other regulated compliance matters as are pertinent to AA products.
- Experience in Data and Digitisation change initiatives
- Proven and demonstrable success in managing projects from initiation to completion with effective change management methodologies.
Education and Qualifications:
- Education to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Personal characteristics to demonstrate they are ‘Fit and Proper’ to perform their role – this includes honesty, integrity, good reputation, competency and financial soundness
- A detailed understanding of business assurance activities in a quality Plc environment
- Ability to effectively work directly for an Executive / CEO with a pro-active agenda
- Executive level presentation, facilitation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to build effective working relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- A strategic outlook and an understanding of how to implement business initiatives to maximise our competitive advantage.
- The ability to provide strategic development and strategic analysis.
- The ability to generate creative solutions and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Determination and resilience; the ability to remain focused on results at all times and makes repeated efforts that ensure objectives are achieved despite setbacks, disappointments or distractions.
- A logical approach to problem solving; identifying relevant information and key issues and relationships when assessing operational data.
- A customer focussed approach and a passion for achieving a world-class business and customer experience.
- Project management skills, able to manage a series of projects simultaneously.
- Influencing skills.
- Able to manage diverse teams of professionals.
- Experience of cultural change projects, management system development.
- Ability to deliver service in a timely and effective manner.