£110,000 - £120,000 basic + car allowance and benefits
20 days ago
MERJE have been exclusively engaged to support this established Pensions & Investments Solutions provider in their search for a newly created Head of Risk. Heading up the 2nd line Risk function, you will be responsible for the design and effective operation of the firm’s Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework which includes the identification, remediation and ownership of operational risk, reputational risk, information security, strategic and fraud risk.
Taking on a broad remit across Risk Management, you will be responsible for:
- Designing the Risk framework, including associated policies, procedures and processes, to a standard that meets regulatory requirements and good industry practice
- Designing the firm’s risk appetite thresholds and statements, and the creation of Key Indicators to identify and monitor key risks.
- Monitoring and reporting on the risk and control landscape to senior management, Boards and Committees to ensure that the risks facing the business and effectiveness of mitigating actions are clearly understood.
- Providing leadership to embed a strong governance and risk culture in the business.
- Providing training on the risk management framework and tools to ensure that the framework operates effectively in the business.
- Undertaking investigations where required to understand the root cause of risk events and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Undertaking periodic ad hoc reviews requested by senior management, Boards and Committees.
- Understanding emerging business and regulatory risks and ensure that the firm takes appropriate action to mitigate these.
- Undertaking Pillar 2 operational risk assessments and contribute to the annual stress testing and ICAAP.
- Strong Operational and wider Enterprise Risk background (8-10 years +) – preferably 2nd line
- Operated in a Banking, Pensions, Investments or Outsourcing environment
- Experience of implementing a Risk framework within a Financial Services business
- Team Player - collaborative but also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.