about 2 years ago
Job Description: Our client is a highly regarded Financial Services firm who are looking to recruit a Head of Information Security to help build an Information Security Management System for the business and be accountable for leading the risk management function with a focus on maintaining and enhancing the risk management strategy and framework across all categories of risk.
- Overall responsibility for the risk management framework, policies, processes and systems across all risk categories.
- Assume full ownership and accountability for the development and embedding of the Information Security Management System.
- Lead the enhancement of the risk management framework, policies and procedures to ensure effective risk oversight that meets regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the firm and its group entities
- Where appropriate, build and maintain relationships with third parties, including suppliers, regulators and professional bodies.
- Develop a plan for the risk team that is aligned to the functional plan that delivers cost effective performance and drives continuous improvement, efficiencies and increased productivity.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the team to achieve delivery of the team plan.
- Provide expert guidance on all aspects of risk management and categories of risk, assessing emerging internal and external threats.
- Lead Risk’s input on new initiatives and sponsor relevant Risk projects.
- Lead Risk oversight of business change processes.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of risk management good practice.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Relevant information security (CISM/P) or risk management qualification
- Significant experience (minimum of 5 years) of information security and risk management techniques (operational, business continuity, conduct, strategic etc).
- Experience of implementing and maintaining an ISO27001 certified management system