Head of Risk and Compliance required for a Fortune 500 company to support the UK Risk Management Committee in identifying, documenting, managing, and monitoring key strategic, regulatory and compliance risks. The role will also be responsible for delivering the company's global Ethics and Compliance program in the UK and Ireland.
As the Head of Risk and Compliance, you will be expected to foster and sustain effective and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the UK and Ireland, Continental Europe and wider global business.
• Act as a strategic partner to the UK Risk Management Committee and Senior Leadership in the UK and Ireland, advising the business on the development and execution of the Risk Management programme.
• Own and manage the UK risk register, presenting to Risk Management Committee, and making suggestions for risk mitigation and continued improvement.
• To create and deliver a Risk based monitoring programme for Board approval and reporting, including regular review and updates
• Support the UK and Ireland Division's contribution the global Enterprise Risk Management programme, including feedback on the global Business Risk Inventory.
• Facilitate the execution of the Regulatory and Compliance Risk Assessment activities and foster a senior management culture of empowerment and engagement with Compliance risks.
• Oversee the strategic relationships with, and support internal stakeholders working regularly with, our key regulatory bodies
• Support corporate governance involving external Risk reporting to stakeholders or clients
• Partner with Risk Management colleagues across the global network and with the regulated business activities in Continental Europe.
• Act as a trusted advisor to UK and Ireland management, ensuring the business objectives are achieved ethically and in compliance with our policies and the law.
• Maintain a risk-based Ethics and Compliance programme, and proactively identify gaps within in the Division, to help improve overall programme performance.
• Roll out global Ethics and Compliance strategies and initiatives in UK and Ireland to raise awareness of, and raise the standards for, ethics and integrity in our business operations.
• Creation and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes, in alignment with global policy suite. Support UK and Ireland leadership with compliance communications and training to all levels of the business, including promotion of the Ethics Helpline and a Speak Up culture,
• Oversee completion of AML checks and KYC screening for all clients in accordance with the guidelines and timeframes by those responsible.
• Serve as an alternative, confidential point of contact for employees to communicate perceived serious process irregularities, such as fraud.
• Lead, and grow over time, a high-performing and engaged team of Compliance professionals
• Attract, select, develop, and retain key talent to the UK and Ireland Compliance function.
• You will be someone with a minimum of 15 years of professional level compliance experience operating in a senior leadership role.
• You will lead from the front, be energetic, can command the room, and be commercial, but push back when required.