£70,000 - £85,000
26 days ago
Job Title: Head of Risk
A very established organisation in the UK Mortgage market is looking to appoint a new Head of Risk to lead the Operational Risk strategy and culture for two of their regulated business wings.
This is a brand new role following from a recent rebranding of the company. Collaborating closely with the Head of Compliance and directly managing a Risk Manager, you’ll be challenged to provide short-term and long-term Operational Risk strategies based on the vision and mission of the business.
You’ll take full authority of the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and you’ll use your own initiative and technical knowledge to improve and maintain it.
Using your leadership capabilities, you’ll provide guidance to the 1st line, initiate deep dives, and establish robust RCSA processes, risk assessments and risk events reporting. You will be leading team meetings and regularly provide detail MI to inform the Board Risk Committee on the movement of key risks and the profile risk against the strategy’s appetite.
This would be an amazing opportunity for someone who has:
- Broad FS experience in senior Operational Risk positions
- Proven track record of developing and leading risk teams
- Knowledge of UK regulation, legislation and standards
- Degree educated (or relevant Risk qualification) & CeMap qualified (desirable not essential)
On a personal level, you will excel at this job if you are:
- Commercially and Financial savvy with an ability to approach issues strategically
- Strong leader who is not afraid to innovate and adapt
- Quick to identify potential problems and use initiative/consultation to resolve them
- Confident and very comfortable engaging and challenging senior stakeholders
This is a permanent role and the client is looking to offer £70,000 - £85,000 basic + bonus
You will be located in North Hampshire on a 35hr schedule and no travelling will be required for this role.