Job Description: MERJE are currently partnering exclusively with a FCA Regulated business in the search for a Head of Regulation to help drive and develop a new internal compliance department. The role will be required to take on the SMF16 function for an 18-month period, whilst the department is constructed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Head of Quality Standards and Compliance to mentor, guide and train
- Set protocols for FCA Regulations.
- Develop and review processes, procedures and policies relevant to the role and ensure version control.
- To ensure governance and compliance with company standards, procedures, and processes.
- Training Head of Quality Standards to be able to develop all staff, creating a competency test.
- Assist in the devising and development of e-learning training for field AR’S, IARS and internal staff.
- Lead, manage and support all FCA requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- FCA regulatory experience
- A relevant Compliance qualification such as ICA, desirable
- 5-10 years Senior compliance experience
- Previously held SMF16 position – if possible
- Excellent communicator, including handing over detailed information to colleagues in writing
- Computer literate, and able to complete paperwork and maintain systems accurately
- Excellent Training, guiding, mentoring, and supporting skills.
- Devise and streamline procedural policies
- Flexible team worker
- Good IT skills
- Collaborative approach
- Strong attention to detail