10 months ago
My client is looking for a Head of Product to act as product owner for the credits offered by the business.
• Own the P&L for the product lines, ensuring that product features and pricing are appropriate to the target market.
• Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Develop, recommend and drive innovation in new and existing products.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with marketing, digital and retail teams to ensure that the proposition is clearly communicated and articulated and that appropriate customer journeys and outcomes are delivered.
• Work with the Product Governance and Oversight Committee to conduct regular product reviews and to ensure that any new products / features deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
• Maintain a clear view of the market and competition, ensuring that our credit products remain competitive and deliver outstanding value to our customers.
• Keep abreast of developments in the Financial Services and Credit markets, ensuring the wider leadership team are fully aware of how these impact the business.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory standards through effective oversight and governance, challenging and highlighting where risks exist.
Skills & Experience
• At least 5+ years’ experience working at a senior level in a consumer lending environment.
• An understanding of FCA regulations and Financial Services experience.
• Proven track record in product development and innovation.
• Experience of leading change programmes.
• Passionate about delivering great customer outcomes, with a strong understanding of the needs of customers in the sub-prime market.
• Strong commercial acumen with a high level of numeracy.
• Understanding of credit risk and risk-based pricing strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, confident with strong impact and influencing skills.