Our client is a highly reputable and fast paced Financial Services business who have made a significant impact across the industry since their establishment. A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as the Head of Operational Risk Partnering. In this role you will lead the Operational Risk partnering across business units and functions, to support the implementation of the operational risk management framework and provide expert knowledge and guidance to business units and functions on operational risk identification, assessment and management.
- To deputise for the Operational Risk Director at committees and steering groups as required including at senior manager, Executive and Board level.
- Challenge the efficacy of mitigating actions and plans across the business in order to ensure the operational risk profile remains within risk appetite.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Operational Risk identification, assessment, and management, partnering specific areas of the business and supporting Risk Directors in relation to Operational Risk
- Implement the operational risk management framework in a robust manner, ensuring the operational risk framework is understood, documented, communicated, enhanced and embedded
- Work with key stakeholders across business units and group functions to drive understanding and execution of operational risk best practice
- Robust oversight, monitoring and challenge of business unit and function risk and control self-assessments, management actions, and risk culture, and efficacy of management actions to manage risk in line with risk appetite
- Provide oversight and challenge and operational risk expert advice in relation to strategic change projects
- Assess compliance with policies, accuracy off attestations and recommend any performance calibration to Operational Risk Director
- Attend divisional boards and senior leadership meetings as assigned to oversee and challenge management of operational risk
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the aligned business areas and functions and their strategy, objectives and processes in order to support the leadership team in terms of the appropriate implementation of the Operational Risk Framework and management of risks
- Work with other Risk and Internal Audit to provide holistic and effective operational risk oversight
- Proven experience of leading operational risk teams
- Sound regulatory knowledge of operational risk requirements
- Strong understanding of operational risk framework end to end including operational risk systems, policies, regulatory requirements, and ICAAP
- Good understanding of supporting disciplines including change management, IT and IT Security, supplier management, and business resilience
- Leading risk and control self-assessment workshops and risk analysis