£80,000 to £85,000 + benefits
10 months ago
My client is long established and well regarded and the UK’s largest provider of debt advice.
They are looking to recruit a strong leader in an exciting new leadership role based centrally in Leeds. This is a crucial role in influencing the success of their ambitious growth plans by leading and promoting a culture of effective risk management, enhancing the firms risk management strategy and further embedding the framework across all categories of operational risk.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Compliance and being a part of the groups Senior Leadership group, you will provide oversight and expertise to challenge and effectively manage strategic, operational, regulatory and business continuity risks across all the Group entities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the risk management framework, policies, processes and systems across all risk categories.
- Lead the enhancement of the extant risk management framework, policies and procedures to ensure effective risk oversight that meets regulatory requirements. This will include the development of an approach to control self-assessment.
- Develop a conduct risk framework for the group and its subsidiaries in line with recognised good practice.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the group entities
- Where appropriate, build and maintain relationships with third parties, including regulators, suppliers and professional bodies.
- As part of the groups senior leadership group, work to embed a risk culture and risk management practices that are focused on helping the group to achieve its ambitious strategic objectives.
- Develop a plan for the risk team that is aligned to the functional plan that delivers cost effective performance and drives continuous improvement, efficiencies and increased productivity.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the team to achieve delivery of the team plan.
- Provide expert guidance on all aspects of risk management and categories of risk, assessing emerging internal and external threats and opportunities.
- Implement a programme of on-going support and guidance to the Senior Leadership Group in respect of their understanding of, and adherence to, the Group Risk Management Framework to deliver fair client outcomes.
- Monitor risk information provided from risk and control data and from business areas, challenging the adequacy and completeness of the information generated, driving recommendations for improvement and obtaining management agreement to their implementation.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of business strategy, tactical plans and performance to ensure all risk impacts are identified, assessed, and mitigated in line with the Group’s overall risk appetite.
- Ensure an effective risk assessment and reporting framework is in place to facilitate proactive management of business risks and the reporting, escalation and resolution of issues identified
- Lead Risk’s input on new initiatives and sponsor relevant Risk projects and lead risk oversight of business change processes.
- Significant experience of risk management techniques (operational, business continuity, conduct, strategic etc) in a large to medium sized enterprise
- A confident communicator at senior management and executive level
- Highly developed stakeholder management expertise
- Knowledge of financial services and preferably the debt management sector.
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The role also comes complete with a generous benefits package.