My client is looking for a Head of Operational Excellence to lead a team of specialists to provide regulatory assurance, oversight, and controls across the entire Customer Operations department. This role is accountable for the provision of Training, Quality Assurance, Process Management Unit and Operational Compliance.
- Champion of good customer outcomes to ensure the Customer Operations department comply with FCA regulation.
- Subject matter expert for the Customer Operations Director on regulatory topics, ensuring the department is complying with current and emerging regulation.
- Take a leadership role in managing notifications to the FCA and ultimately fines/remediation programmes.
- Protect the Customer Operations department and the wider business in line with the FCA.
- Lead the provision of all key regulatory, committee and BoM reporting, providing assurance through data accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure there is visibility of performance of the first line of defence, including items which require escalation.
- Build and then maintain a framework in Operational Excellence which identifies areas for improvement through QA activity and compliance with existing and emerging regulatory requirements.
- Direct and lead the Operational Excellence team to inform critical business decisions across Retail Customer Services, Customer Resolutions, Collections & Recoveries and New Business departments.
- Identify, lead and oversee implementation of strategic initiatives leading to improve the customer proposition.
- Drive efficiencies and bad cost out of the business, improve planning and forecasting assumptions, increase customer satisfaction, reduce complaints.
- Provide oversight and guidance to ensure effective monitoring of the Customer Operations department through a robust Quality Assurance (QA) framework to minimise customer detriment.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a regulated business preferred, ideally with a history in motor finance.
- Experience of working with large operational business areas (B2C and/or B2B) and achieving high levels of regulatory compliance.
- Ability to interpret data, make robust decisions and rationalise with senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience in building or expanding, developing and retaining high performing teams in a consulting or industry environment.
- Experience of actively managing stakeholders at varying levels and operating within/delivering through cross functional teams.
- Experienced in balancing and managing multiple senior business managers in the delivery of complex change initiatives.
- Experience of working with outsource service partners and suppliers.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.