Our client is a fast paced and successful business who due to growth and success are looking to recruit a number of new positions. The opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Head of Legal and Deputy Company Secretary. Reporting to the General Counsel and Director of Risk & Compliance, you would join an existing in-house team and handle a broad range of legal matters including FCA, ICO, CMA, advertising, trading standards and commercial contracts. You would also supervise governance activity to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Board and committees.
Responsibilities of the job include:
1. Providing legal advice to the Board, Executive and Financial Services division on FCA regulated matters.
2. Identifying and managing legal risk, providing relevant training to stakeholders.
3. Supervising the provision of legal advice on a wide range of issues. Advising on interaction with a range of regulators, but particularly the FCA.
4. Supervising the Governance process to ensure compliance with
5. Reviewing and approving papers for Board and Executive committee.
6. Leading legal engagement, and providing commercial input, on strategic projects and BAU activity.
7. Reviewing and advising on high-risk / high-value commercial agreements. Providing legal advice and counsel to senior leaders and managers.
8. Working closely with colleagues in the 2nd Line, but particularly the FCA Compliance team, to provide subject matter expert support and ensure effective oversight on legal compliance matters.
9. Lead improvements to the effective and efficient provision of legal services across the business, including development of self-serve where appropriate.
10. Supporting development of team members and providing training to internal stakeholders. Working with and managing external counsel and advisers.
1. A focus on FCA regulated activity would be a significant advantage
2. You will demonstrate a keen interest in financial services and the retail sector and a desire to work within an in-house team
3. Can communicate effectively at all levels of the business and, interpret and advise on new and complex areas of law in a way suitable to the audience.
4. Have good people management skills and experience of leading a team.
5. Be able to demonstrate commercial acumen.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.