Manchester (max 1-2 days in office per week)
Our client, a market-leader within the field in which they operate are recruiting a Head of Group Data Privacy. The role will act as the appointed Data Protection Officer for the Group, ensuring regulatory obligations are met and customer data remains safe.
• Holding the role of DPO, ensure that the data protection rights of customer and employee data are honoured and respected.
• Drive the strategic direction for the management of data privacy.
• Oversee the business response to Data Protection incidents, Information and Cyber Security incidents, supported by the Head of Information & Cyber Security.
• Act in an impractical matter to investigate and resolve complaints related to privacy of customers and employees.
• Provide subject matter expertise to assist management in the development and communication of policies and procedures.
• Primary point of contact for the Information Commissioner.
• Develop a culture of accountability and transparency, encouraging a calm approach to the work environment when faced with challenges.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Extensive practical experience in an equivalent role, managing data privacy/protection and Information/Cyber Security risks.
• Previous experience in a DPO capacity, managing a team of specialists and responding to information security incidents.
• Experience operating within a FCA regulated environment and relevant IT security qualification.