£90,000 plus excellent benefits
5 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to undertake the role of Head of Governance. Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for overseeing the governance, risk management and data protection frameworks and sit on the Executive Leadership Team. You will provide strategic leadership and direction to the business to ensure the effectiveness, sustainability and resiliency of all governance, risk and data protection related matters in order to facilitate the delivery of divisional strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- To develop and implement the data protection and risk management strategic direction and plans for the business, aligned with the group’s strategic and business objectives. This includes compliance with obligations to both the FCA, working with the Head of Compliance, and the ICO, supporting the Data Protection Officer.
- Participate fully as an attendee of the appropriate operational UK Boards, where required, and Risk and Audit Committee and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Oversee the management of the Risk and Audit Committee, working with the Chair and Company Secretariat as appropriate.
- Demonstrate significant influence at senior and key stakeholder level both internally and externally. Key interfaces are inclusive of: Internal (UK operational Boards and Committees, Executive Leadership Team, Risk & Data Protection Teams) and External (ICO, consulting firms during due diligence exercises, potential acquisition partners and current or existing clients).
- To promote the observance of relevant laws, regulations, rules and standards.
- To provide regulatory advice and guidance on data protection requirements in relation to new business initiatives.
- To actively participate in the development of data protection and risk leadership and group policies and guidance.
- To ensure that support and guidance is provided to the business areas on data protection issues and that appropriate remedial action is taken to address any identified shortcomings.
- Extensive knowledge of operational risk frameworks and their application.
- A good understanding of corporate governance and how to apply it effectively in practice.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a leadership role in risk management or data protection
- Proven experience of working at Board and Executive Management level
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.