Our clients are the leading provider of credit cards to people in the non-standard credit market. They are looking to recruit a Head of Fraud who will be responsible for the development of the Bank’s Fraud prevention strategy, Risk appetite, Systems & controls roadmap, Industry partnership and collaboration, Analytics, and rules management & Operational task management.
● Lead the Fraud Department in delivering exceptional advisory, operational and fraud risk support to the Bank. A key part of the role is to ensure we balance the needs to protect our customers & the Bank against fraud & unauthorised financial loss, whilst balancing customer experience & complying with relevant law, Regulation & Bank policy.
● Develop & maintain a Fraud Strategy to protect customers & the bank. This includes Fraud prevention, Risk appetite, Systems & controls roadmap, Industry partnership and collaboration, Analytics, and rules management & Operational task management.
● Through the Management team ensures all regulatory and compliance requirements are met and maintained including, AML monitoring and reporting to NCA, analysis of fraudulent activity, resolution of disputed transactions, identification of efficiencies and productivity improvements.
● Ensure that the Bank can respond to financial crime threats as these emerge and evolve.
● Implement customer fraud awareness strategies to inform the customer base of nationwide industry threats.
● Accountable for all International Fraud set up and on-going management.
● Ensure that Fraud Strategy and practice adhere to current and adjusts to future legislation/regulation.
● Maintain a strong industry network to understand industry best practises and ensure the Bank is industry leading
● Keep up to date with new technology to improve processes where necessary within the Bank and understand how to combat the new wave of cyber-crime.
● Full accountability of profit and loss budgets across Fraud, Section 75 and Disputes
● Manage the department’s profit and loss lines within the Bank’s budgetary requirements.
● Lead the Disputes team to provide exceptional services to customers, meet SLA’s & minimise loss to the bank.
Skills and Experience:
● Experience as a Senior Financial Crime practitioner
● Senior Management experience, specifically managing a team of financial crime/fraud specialists
● Demonstrable insights and understanding gained form experience of the financial services market and Credit Card industry
● Ability to provide guidance at an organisational level on fraud risk tolerance
● Ability to develop and implement strategies that reflect in-depth understanding and assessment of operational, organisational, and regulatory realities and risk
● Detailed understanding of Risk Management and FCA/PRA regulations and approach
● Experience leading and influencing decisions at an executive level.
● Analytical capability to build effective statistically relevant fraud prevention strategies.
● Experience/knowledge of wholesale banking
● Experience of intelligence analytics/investigation
● Understanding of mathematical modelling and machine learning techniques, and technical knowledge of analysis through SAS / SQL
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.