Our clients are a venture-backed, global start-up that require a Head of Fraud.
You will work closely with the Head of Financial Crime, and the wider business to implement fraud controls for the firm’s global operations. You will manage a team of analysts on a fast-growing global team. You will be highly analytical, with intimate knowledge of SQL, and capable of continuing to build and maintain the counter fraud strategy across all markets.
• Leadership of the team of fraud analysts, fraud analytics manager, and data analyst
• Overseeing the daily operations and implementation of the fraud program
• Proactively finding patterns in the transactions that are indicative of fraudulent activity, particularly in new markets.
• Working with the analytics team, and using SQL, to build reports that identify fraudulent activity in the transaction data.
• Maintaining and developing the risk control processes to increase both efficiency and effectiveness.
• Owning responsibility for maintaining a low rate of fraud and identifying areas where this can improve.
• Using existing software and identifying and implementing new integrations that allows them to make the product safer without compromising their clean UX.
• Working closely with the Compliance Officers to ensure operational delivery of all AML and compliance requirements.
• Working directly with the eng and product team to spec out new features that improve customer experience, keep the app secure, and reduce customer friction.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Have 4+ years working in a fraud function at a financial institution or tech startup.
• Experience using automation to solve scale problems for fraud and/or AML.
• Are a great coach and have excellent interpersonal skills with solid previous management experience.
• Have the ability to think both tactically and strategically about the implications of changes to their fraud controls.
• Have the initiative to explore ways to improve the current program to make it more successful, including changing processes and bringing on new 3rd party software.
• Are analytically fluent enough to carry out your own routine analysis, high level knowledge of SQL is a must for this role
• Show the humility required of working at a growing startup. You must be willing to tackle problems wherever you can help solve them.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.