Our client is a leading retail business who employ over 1500 colleagues in a wide variety of roles, many of whom have seen their careers grow with the firm. They are currently undertaking a digital transformation program to deliver the best service to its customers and colleagues and to cement their position as the leading online value retailer in the UK
As they progress through its digital transformation, this opportunity forms a part of the organic expansion of their Risk and Compliance team. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Head of Financial Services Compliance to ensure the business meets its obligations to the FCA and that risk is sufficiently mitigated.
You will be responsible for:
- The management of second line Financial Services Compliance function.
- The strong leadership and management of a high performing team (direct and matrix) – clearly articulating the individual roles and responsibilities of the team, ensuring effective performance management, coaching and development are in place.
- Ensuring that the business remains compliant with relevant financial services regulation and legislation.
- Monitor, report and challenge the effectiveness of the control environment across the business, ensuring business incidents and issues are raised and managed as appropriate.
- The design, creation and presentation of appropriate MI data, reports and recommendations to agreed Boards, Committees and forums ensuring risks are managed with-in board agreed risk appetites.
- Engagement with the relevant external bodies to ensure the firm keeps abreast with industry wide best practice regarding the FCA, supporting the day-to-day management of the relationship with the FCA.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to join a business going through significant transformation. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong demonstrable experience of leading a Compliance team is essential, preferably within the Consumer Credit or Financial Services industry, for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience of designing, maintaining, improving and overseeing company-wide Compliance initiatives.
- The role requires a strong level of technical knowledge across all areas of Compliance and applying this to various business functions.
- The ability to demonstrate influencing skills at all levels and at pace will be key for the individual to be successful in role.
- Ability to diagnose and articulate material weaknesses in key controls and to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience of Compliance Reporting to Board level and presenting MI in digestible and understandable format would be ideal.
- Strong team working, relationship and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to influence at Executive and Non-Executive level and across teams in a matrix management organisation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the business, with the ability to translate complex or technical issues to suit target audience.
- Detailed understanding of conduct risk, particularly in the delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Ability to effectively chair and run committee and management meetings.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that is doing incredibly well and where you will also be surrounded by great people with significant opportunities to develop. It’s a fast-paced environment and the offices have a friendly and informal feel about them.
Through the pandemic they have adopted home working but they expect to return to the office as soon as is practical and safe. That said they will be proposing a very agile working pattern that will incorporate an equal mix of home and office based working.
Salary range is broad and commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. They also offer a great benefits package including flexible working hours and free parking,
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.