£100,000 - £125,000
over 2 years ago
The Head of Enterprise Risk has second line of defence responsibility for oversight and execution of the Banks operational, business and strategic risks, and associated management arrangements.
This role enables the integration and fulfilment of the Risk Strategy and Policies of the Bank, contributing to the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Framework.
Direct reports include:
- Operational Risk Manager
- Information Security Manager
The Head of Enterprise Risk supports and deputises for the CRO managing a budget of £1m, being responsible for risk systems, contracts and engagements that facilitate compliance with regulation and legislation impacting the Bank.
A specialist lender backed by a private equity company are setting up a start-up bank. – An exciting opportunity to be involved from the beginning
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Enterprise Risk:
- Oversees risk management practices and supports and guides the first line in their risk management activities
- Enabling the balancing of business opportunities and risk effectively using systems and controlled processes and practices
- Identifies and measures risk and develops strategies to manage and monitor risk, and in turn aid achievement of business objectives.
- Implementing, maintaining and raising awareness of the Enterprise Risk Framework, including: Corporate Risk Profile; Risk Appetite; Risk Taxonomy; Key Risk Indicators; and Governance
- Delivery of independent and objective risk and control assessments to ensure risk is identified and managed according to the Risk Appetite.
- Maintaining effect risk governance systems and controls, managing and refining regular reporting information to support effective decision making by senior executives and risk committees
- Contribute subject matter expertise and co-ordinate the risk response to regulatory submission, including the ICAAP and ILAA
The ideal candidate for this Head of Enterprise Risk Management opportunity will have the following knowledge, experience and understanding:
- Experience operating as a Senior Manager for a major company or division of a large corporation within Retail Banking and UK Financial Services
- A risk management professional, significant experience in risk management operating within a regulated financial institution / retail bank environment
- In depth knowledge and experience of assets and liability management, operating within a BTC and BTB lending business
- Working knowledge of UK Banking regulation and legislation and standards
- Strong awareness and understanding of wider business and economic environment
- Experience in the development, maintenance and oversight of Risk Management frameworks, and associated standards
- In depth knowledge of methodologies and techniques for identification and evaluation of risk, measurement, monitoring and reporting frameworks
- Experience of developing and maintaining structures that promote risk-based decision making through communication, training and awareness initiatives
- Working knowledge and ability to positively contribute to the RMF, RAF, RAS, ICAAP, ILAA, CFP and RRP
- Proactive and engaging
- Pragmatic and logical problem solver
- Creative thinker, driving change and being adaptable to a changing working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible and enjoys dynamic working environment
- Hands on, practical in experience but also able to lead and challenge
- A track record of managing and implementing change to develop and embed a risk aware culture