£65,000 - £70,000 + bonus + benefits
3 months ago
12 month fixed term contract
My client is a leading international financial services provider who are currently looking for a Head of Enterprise Risk initially on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, with a view to commencing the role in January 2019.
This is a key role that sits within the 2nd line of defence, responsible for ensuring that the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework is designed, implemented and embedded and fit for purpose including Risk Appetite, Strategy, Policies and supporting standards.
Through a small team, lead the implementation and ongoing use of the ERM Framework to drive value to business decision making, including, but not limited too;
- Providing independent oversight and challenge of 1st line Enterprise Risk Management activities.
- Producing high quality, value adding, Enterprise Risk Reporting. Providing appropriate MI and ad hoc reporting to ensure that emerging risks are identified and appropriate action plans put in place.
- Supports the business in determining the risk appetite.
- Provides support and expert assistance to internal projects, creating value though a commercial and pragmatic approach to Risk Management.
- Creating a risk aware culture, providing risk expertise to the business, including the design and implementation of risk training.
- A member of the Executive Risk Committees and a regular contributor at Board Risk Committee, including supporting the CRO and governance support teams in managing the committee agendas.
- An experienced and determined senior manager with significant experience working at an equivalent level preferably working with both Retail and Online businesses
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector and within an FCA regulatory environment
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills
- Highly developed influencing skills and the ability to challenge at all levels of Executive and Senior management
- Strong inter-personal skills to enable effective communications and working relationships both internally & externally