over 2 years ago
Provide senior leadership to the Enterprise Wide Risk Management and Prudential Risk Teams. The role holder will maintain a strong knowledge of the firms regulations and is accountable for the development, implementation and embedding of fit for purposes frameworks and solutions across both disciplines, alongside the provision of robust and proactive composite risk management information and reporting. The incumbent will own Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and the Recovery Plan and Resolution Pack (RRP) delivery and partner the business and other risk functions to enhance risk management culture, controls and the identification, reporting and remediation of risk.
The role holder will deputise for the CRO both internally and externally and support regulatory engagement.
- Develop, implement, lead and report on end to end Enterprise Wide Risk Management and Prudential risk frameworks.
- Own, develop, implement and lead the Risk Appetite and Risk Strategy, ensuring both are fully cascaded and implemented across the business.
- Provide robust oversight of the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Processes (ILAAP) and co-ordinate the delivery of the ICAAP and RRP including alignment of the three documents.
- Develop and own the Level 1 and 2 risk policy suite, ensuring policies are implemented and a fit for purpose control regime is in place to highlight and solve policy gaps and exceptions.
- Own and maintain the Risk Management Framework.
- Introduce and implement robust Material Risk Assessments, risk integration, governance and impact assessments enhancing organisational awareness of material risk, impact and remediations alongside embedding and improving the Bank’s Risk Culture.
- Drive adherence and compliance to the prudential framework and oversight of funding, liquidity and capital management.
- Lead, develop and continuously improve a fit for purpose Enterprise and Prudential Risk function ensuring it remains valid, sound and durable. Recruit, lead, manage, develop, and engage and motivate people in line with the Al Rayan Bank Management Charter to ensure they know what is expected of them, maximise their performance and develop their potential
- Effectively manage and influence internal and third party resources and budgets to provide an efficient and proportionate risk based approach ensuring strong subject matter expertise to advise, challenge and where necessary train/educate at all levels across the organisation.
- Assist with ad-hoc investigations, external reporting and the regular provision of regulatory horizon scanning and associated impact assessments.
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Risk and/or Prudential function, with significant experience at senior level within a retail banking or similar regulated environment
- Significant experience of delivering ICAAP and RRP.
- Extensive experience of leading, motivating and developing people/teams.
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience of PRA/FCA requirements and standards
- Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to work effectively with staff and management at all levels and to engage and manage stakeholders, developing effective relationships internally and externally.
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and Word
- Calm and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to display a range of influencing styles.