5 months ago
A innovative, start-up consumer finance business aiming to push the boundaries of technology and financial services is looking for a senior data / analytics professional to shape the Data Science and Analytics function, build a team and enhance the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a clean slate, shape your role moving forward and make a real impact on the future of an exciting business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Data Science & Advanced Analytics:
- Develop and lead the data science & analytics function
- Build and manage a team of analysts and data scientists
- Assess, select and implement data and analytics technologies, processes, strategies, architecture, etc.
- Represent the technical strategy and architecture during sales visits
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Head of Data Science & Advanced Analytics role:
- Extensive (7+ years) experience in data science / analytics
- Experience in a consumer credit, finance or fintech environment
- Experience of leading / building a team
- Strong hands-on technical abilities – R, Python, SQL, Scala, Java, C++, Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to AWS / other cloud platforms
- Data mining / machine learning / NPL / data frameworks / deep learning model architecture / logistical regression
- Experience either as a Head of in a start-up or managerial role in a larger organisation