£50,000 to £60,000
7 months ago
The Head of Customer Retention is a new and exciting role which focuses on the retention of the existing customer base and the development of an effective retention team to drive down customer attrition. The objectives of the role include financial goals around delivery of volume and margin targets, people development, process improvement and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
• Day to day management of the team, currently numbering c.35 FTE
• Reduce Customer Attrition to enhance business performance.
• Ownership of the attrition percentage and improvement year on year.
• Establish and embed a retention team for the UK business and seek to enhance our recovery processes, with responsibility stretching across the entire 70,000 customer base.
• Drive the outbound contact strategy into existing customers to deliver volume and margins targets for the UK.
• Develop and implement an innovative and robust retention strategy to grow customer numbers and volume.
• Manage cross-selling opportunities to improve customer retention and drive referrals.
• Manage the Recruitment and Selection process for all new staff and ensure development plans are in place across the whole department.
• Performance management of staff to deliver continuous improvement.
• Design and deliver best-in-class training programmes for new start induction and agent development.
• Create a compelling environment to support Performance and Retention of people.
• Innovate with new technology to deliver choice to our customer base on how they communicate with us and constantly strive to find ways to reduce our cost to serve.
Skills & Experience
• Highly presentable with strong organisational and motivational skills.
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to operate at all levels internally and externally.
• Ability to improve standards through effective performance management.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to analyse resource levels and optimise capacity without compromising on service quality.
• Ability to understand and enhance a complex business model.
• Inspirational leadership.
• A comprehensive analytical skillset.
• Effective stakeholder management.
• Previous experience of managing and/or developing a retention strategy and team.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a contact centre environment is essential.
• Previous experience of operating at a senior management level within a contact centre environment.