up to £100,000
about 1 year ago
As the Head of Credit Risk Strategy, you’ll play a key role in leading, delivering and driving the strategies across the credit risk life cycle working collaboratively with senior stakeholders across Credit Cards, Commercial and the wider business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Credit Risk:
- Leading, motivating and developing colleagues to build a high performing Credit Risk Strategy team
- Full ownership and proactive management of strategies covering the Credit Lifecycle to maximise organic profit growth within defined outcome, risk and reward guardrails
- Proactively managing risk and reward of new account acquisitions to ensure consistent credit performance which delivers return on investment targets.
- Proactively managing the risk and reward of existing account mitigation and stimulation strategies to ensure strategy performance meets expectations.
- Identifying the impact of an economic cycle on expected credit losses and preparing the suite of risk strategies for cyclical movement.
- Maximising portfolio performance by leveraging data and best in class BI tools to optimise segmentation and treatment strategies.
- Managing concentration and volatility risks at the margins of the strategies.
- Being an active leader of the Cards business, supporting colleague engagement and participating in senior management routines.
- Acting as a key influencer whilst nurturing relationships with key stakeholders including Commercial Finance, Central Finance and 2nd Line Credit Risk.
- Owning the control environment for credit risk strategies, partnering with the Business Control Team to embed and operate the control framework.
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Head of Credit Risk:
- Significant experience of Credit Risk including policy, strategy, operations etc.
- A strong understanding of the credit card market
- The ability to think logically and execute
- Exceptional commercial acumen
- First class stakeholder management skills with a collaborative approach
- Strong track record of initiating and driving ideas forward from conception to delivery
- Excellent communication skills – ability to condense and simplify complex information to tell the story
- Presence and gravitas in order to operate effectively with Executive members and represent the business with senior external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with an inspiring and engaging approach