£80,000 - £100,000
10 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced senior Credit Risk professional to join a new business lender at an exciting point in its journey to becoming a major player in the UK market.
This is a rare opportunity to play a critical role in the creation and development of a newer business’ credit risk function, embedding an outstanding risk management ethos and culture from the beginning.
This is a young business with a small team. The role requires a hard-working, motivated individual who is able and willing to roll their sleeves up and be hands-on when it comes to analytics, coding and support the wider business needs.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Credit Risk:
- Work closely with the Head of Underwriting to set up the credit risk framework, identifying and managing risk concentrations
- Manage relationships with outsourced credit assessment providers
- Develop, assess and monitor key credit metrics, impairment calculations, origination and portfolio management strategies
- Stay up to date with the industry and market data to benchmark business performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Support the CRO and CFO in the preparation of papers and proposals for submission to credit committees
Required knowledge and experience for the Head of Credit Risk role:
- Strong background in Corporate/SME credit risk analytics gained in a Financial Services environment
- A quantitative background with hands-on knowledge of SAS, Python or an equivalent language
- Excellent communication skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.