£100,000 - £150,000 dependent on experience
5 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced Credit Risk professional to join a start-up bank that is will be offering fantastic retail and commercial FS products using a unique business model.
This role is not for the faint hearted! It will be fast paced and have broad responsibilities, working with the highly reputable senior leadership team to implement a cohesive credit risk management framework from scratch.
On offer is a generous salary for the right person, as well as a rare opportunity to build a business from the very beginning, using your Credit Risk expertise to make impactful and meaningful decisions without the hierarchy and complex processes of a large institution. Salary banding is £100,000 - £150,000 dependent on experience.
Based in London, the business offers a flexible working culture. Currently majority home working with meetings once or twice per week as needed. Long-term, the role holder will be expected to be in the London office 3/4 days per week minimum.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Credit Risk:
- Implement and lead 2LOD activities, monitoring the evolution of the credit risk profile, appetite and framework of the bank
- Contribute to the company’s long term goals, such as establishing the credit risk team and supporting evolution across all credit risk portfolios, building up loan portfolios including retail & BTL mortgages, unsecured personal loans and SME loans
- Analyse data for the various portfolios, review credit risk models, and utilise data to inform business decisions relating to credit risk strategies, policies, processes, tools, technologies, etc.
Required knowledge and experience for the Head of Credit Risk role:
- Strong experience in credit risk management within Retail and/or SME lending, with retail & BTL mortgages being highly preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities – confident in working with, analysing and understanding data
- Leadership and communication skills, able to build and lead a team, present to boards and committees, challenge where necessary and communicate complex information in a simple manner
- Comfortable reviewing and understanding credit risk models, how they work and how they inform areas such as underwriting, financial forecasting, stress testing, etc.
- Other beneficial experience – stress testing, regulatory requirements such as MCOB, CONC, CRR, arrears management, lending through partnership agreements
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.