£62,000 - £70,000
6 months ago
The role holder is responsible for overseeing Credit Risk Management for a well- recognised FS business. Mortgages experience is a must.
Balance of both on site and working from home.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for oversight of Credit Risk Management, from a second line perspective.
- Ensure that Credit Risk requirements are managed appropriately within the organisation in line with regulatory and internal expectations as well as industry practice
- Drive Credit Risk strategy for existing and future lending products within agreed tolerance and FCA regulations.
- Develop and refine credit models
- Attend the Credit Committee and ALCO. Advise the Board, ExCo, and investors, on credit risk exposure and framework as required.
- Present work to the Risk Committee on credit risk oversight when appropriate.
- Interface with Regulators as and when needed, including being interviewed as the subject matter expert on credit risk issues; and ensure a positive regulatory relationship.
- Liaise with the second line Operational Risk and Prudential risk & compliance areas/colleagues to risk assess the financial and operational resilience of (and related MI and risk appetites for) the firm holistically.
- Liaise with and inform colleagues of potential FCA focused Conduct Risk matters that may arise from Credit and other related work, such as on Affordability, Persistent Debt and Vulnerable Customers
- Assess, update and maintain policy.
- Agree underwriting exceptions outside of policy, ensuring exception levels aren’t exceeded.
Previous experience and qualifications:
• Knowledge and experience within mortgages.
• Strong relationship and management skills
• Staff management / oversight experience
• Decision making
• Demonstrate ability to achieve personal growth
• Ability to handle complex matters or issues
• Ability to present and influence at a senior level
• Effectively manage stakeholder relationships
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and ability to graphically present results of analysis.
• Strong numeric, analytical and report writing skills
• Highly organised with the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.