Up to £100,000
8 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced Senior Credit professional with some experience / understanding of capital & liquidity to join an established specialist lender and provide oversight and monitoring of the credit and liquidity frameworks.
You will be joining a business with a 20-year history and a customer base spanning the UK as well as various European and wider countries.
On offer is a salary of up to £100,000 + benefits. The main office for this role is in South Wales, however working from home flexibility is achievable as long as you can attend the office at least 1/2 days per week.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Credit & Financial Risk:
- Develop, monitor and maintain the credit, liquidity and IRR elements of the RMF; risk profile, risk appetite, key risk indicators and risk governance
- Provide oversight and assurance of the business credit, liquidity and IRR risk taking activities, systems and controls
- Monitor and test the Firm’s credit, liquidity and IRR risk profile relative to its appetite
- Provide oversight of stress testing and scenarios
- Delivery of an independent and objective risk and control assessment to ensure risk is identified and managed according to the Risk Appetite
- Monitoring and interpreting developing regulatory requirements in all areas of financial risk management
Required knowledge and experience for the Head of Credit & Financial Risk role:
- Experience in a senior Credit / Risk role within a regulated financial institution in the UK
- Experience in a consumer lending environment, some mortgages experience is essential
- Knowledge of UK regulation, legislation & standards
- Experience in the development, maintenance and management of risk frameworks, policies, etc.
- Analytical & creative thinker
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.